KCDC has had further communication from Pitmain Estate about their approach to clearing fallen trees as follows:
Tom Baraidh Woods
- The paths within the wood should be cleared this week but this will be paths only. There will be further work to do.
Golf Course Circular
- This path will be closed at the Shepherd’s Hut (or 6th tee at the golf course). The Estate have stressed that this is because someone has been in the wood with a chainsaw and left the position so unstable that it must be closed on safety grounds.
- The Estate hope to reopen it after a week or so.
Creag Bheag path
- The main path from Tait’s Brae up to Creag Bheag remains open.
- However, turning right towards the Sanatorium Wood will remain closed until the path can be cleared.
The Estate hope that forestry contractors will start work this week.
Paths will be closed while work is in progress and and walkers are requested to comply with any directions provided.